Effective Date: April 11th, 2019
1. What information we collect.
2. How we use and share the information we collect.
3. What choices are available to you regarding your information.
4. The security measures in place to protect your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information to operate our business effectively and to provide better Services to our Users. We collect information in the following ways:
• The information you provide us. We collect and have access to information that you voluntarily provide us via the user registration process or other communication from you. Such information may include personal information such as your name, email, phone number, home address, and payment information, among other things.
• Information we get from your use of our Services. We also use service providers to automatically track and collect certain types of non-personal information, such as the user's IP address, browser and/or system information, and HTTP requests, primarily when the User submits a ticket requesting help through our Site or Apps. Please see the section on “Cookies” for more detailed information.
How We Use and Share the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the Services, to develop and provide new products and services, and to protect Petline and our Users. We also use the information to communicate with you, for example, responding to your questions or requests and informing you about your account, security updates, any upcoming changes or improvements of the Services, and any new products and services that might be of interest to you.
We will not share your personal information (i.e., information that identifies you) with any third party outside of our organization unless one of the following circumstances applies:
• With your consent. We will share your personal information with parties outside of Petline when we have your consent to do so. Except for the cases listed below, we require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With service providers. We may engage third-party service providers to perform certain functions and assist us in providing you with and improving the Services. They will have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, and such access will be subject to their contractual obligations to keep the information confidential and secure.
• For legal reasons. We may share personal information with third parties if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
o Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
o Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
o Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
o Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Petline, our Users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
• Business Transfers. If we buy or are sold to, another entity, customer information generally is included in the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice.
We may use and disclose aggregated, non-personal information in any manner, including to share it with third parties to analyze and understand general trends and usage statistics of our Services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
At Petline, we strive to provide our Users with access to and control over their information. You may contact our customer service team at 1-800-PETLINE to do the following:
• See what information we have about you if any.
• Change and/or correct any information we have about you.
• Have us delete any information we have about you (subject to our rights to keep it to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law, to enforce our agreements with you, or protect ourselves or others).
• Express any concern you have about our use of your information.
• Opt out of future communications from us (but note that opting out of communications from us may mean we cannot provide the Services to you).
In order to access and use our Services, you must first complete the registration process to become a User. During registration, you are required to provide certain information (such as name, email, and address) to us. You may also provide optional information about yourself or your pet(s), but that is not required.
Please understand that while we try our best to safeguard your information through the above measures, no Internet or email transmission is 100% secure or error-free. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
We, and our service providers reserve the right to use "cookies" or similar technologies on our Site and Apps. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help improve such visitor’s access to the site and identify repeat visitors to the site. Cookies provide the benefit of enhancing users’ experience on a site. If we have cookies in use and you block or otherwise reject the cookies, the Services (or portions of them) may not function.
Do Not Track Notice
We use third-party payment processors to help facilitate and process payments users make through our Sites or Apps. Petline does not collect or store any financial information such as credit card numbers in connection with the processing of such payments.
No Information from Children
Our Services are not intended for Users under eighteen (18) years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information from them. If you are under 18, please do not use or access our Services at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any information of Users under 18 that has been collected on our Site or Apps upon learning of the existence of such information.